I really don’t like bringing things like religion into my posts because I don’t want to offend anybody, so I’m not going to.
I feel like winter has more holidays than any other season, which for some reason makes me feel bad for the other seasons, like they have feelings.
Anyways, to my point. It is officially the holiday season, and that means gift giving and lots of time with your family, both of which can be extremely stressful. That’s not the point I’m trying to make.
What I’m trying to get at is that there are several gifts that you can make for your family that are relatively easy.
- A Photo Album – This is great for family and good friends, just put all the photos you took together during the year and put them in a book.
- A Scrapbook – If you want something more detailed, I suggest making a scrapbook. This may take some time so plan it out before you start.
- A Scarf – You can knit it, if you can knit, or you can buy a piece of fleece or wool fabric that WON’T fray and cut it into a scarf.
- Jewelry – for details see my Jewelry Gifts post
- Food – Because who doesn’t like food? Just check to see what kinds of food they prefer.
- CD – Make a CD with all their favourite songs
- Coupons – Now this is super cliche, but Mothers love this stuff, things like “free hugs” or “do the dishes” or “mow the lawn”, you get the drift.
- Hugs and Kisses – If you have absolutely nothing to give, just give out love. Show people how much they mean to you with a hug or kiss or just a good conversation. It won’t be something they’ll forget.